The Plug-in Data Transporter from XrmToolBox helps to transfer records across organisations. This trick will present it.
The user selects a Source Environment and a Target Environment. He chooses an Entity and the attributes to transfer from the Source to the Target. He can set a filter (with FetchXML) to choose the records to transfer. He can choose an action to perform on the target records: Create, Update or Delete. Before transferring the data, it is possible to preview the operations that will be done, to check that they correspond to expectations.
• Step 1: Make sure that the two environments have the same metadata setup, so that entities/attributes from source environment match target environment.
• Step 2: Open this Plug-in in XrmToolBox, and connect to source environment
• Step 3: In settings select what type of operations you want done. Create, Update and Delete are available. Both Update and Delete options will match records on primary key of selected entity.
• Step 4: Select entity and what attributes you want copied.
• Step 5: Do your mappings. User and currency are some common mappings that you will have to do. Mappings will be done on primary key.
• Step 6: Do you filters to select the data to transfer.
• Step 7: Preview the operations that will be performed. If they meet expectations, hit Transfer data (on top menu) to start the transfer.